Every user gets a virtual portfolio when joining AlphaSwap and can generate investment ideas, co-invest in the ideas of others or do both to generate performance.
There’s no capital at risk, fees and performance mentioned below accrue to a virtual portfolio. However, pay outs are in hard cash.
1) Fully participate in the performance of the stock underlying their investment idea in their virtual portfolio
2) Receive a flat fee from users wanting to co-invest in their investment idea in their virtual portfolio
3) Receive a variable incentive fee from AlphaSwap for attracting co-investments into their virtual portfolio
1) Partially participate in the performance of investment ideas in which they’ve co-invested in their virtual portfolio
2) Pay a flat fee to idea generators if they want to co-invest
At the end of each month, we measure the inception-to-date performance of each user’s virtual portfolio.
We then rank all users from best to worst inception-to-date performance and sort them into performance buckets.
We generate sales income by selling Data-as-a-Service solutions to institutional customers.
It is in our interest to retain and attract users by paying out a large portion of our sales income to users.
We’re sure you have questions. Here are some answers to the most commonly asked ones.
For now, the total amount payable to successful users varies between $1,000 and $10,000 per month and depends on the inception-to-date performance of a user’s virtual portfolio.
No. We calculate users’ individual performances based on their respective virtual portfolios, there is no capital at risk. However, pay outs are in hard cash.
Please check your employer’s compliance manual. But keep in mind, AlphaSwap is not an investment platform and users do not invest in securities.
Users build a track record of investment ideas and performance on the AlphaSwap platform that is transparent and easy to audit for prospective employers.
Yes, users can choose to remain completely anonymous.